we are HIRING.
please apply in person with your resume, or
send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
…INTERNS are always welcome!
Field and Fire is seeking an artisan baker to fill a position at our bakery. This job contributes to the success of our team and our community by providing exceptional, quality artisan baked goods. This job creates the essential element of our bakery experience by educating customers and providing them with healthy, local products. We are looking for a craftsperson who is trained to mix, ferment, shape and bake a hand crafted loaf of bread. An understanding of bread science and mechanics is beneficial. Position can be part or full-time and will start ASAP.
- Accurately follow formulas in the preparation of all dough.
- Measure, mix, shape and bake breads and pastries according to the production schedule.
- Precisely scale, shape and score loaves. Assure finished baked products meet quality standards.
- Provide consistently high quality baked food products for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Maintain correct inventory, recommend replenishment orders and properly store, date and rotate inventory items.
- Organize ingredient storage and all supplies, equipment, and workspaces as needed so that all workers can locate resources and products.
- Ensure bakery process continues in smooth operation by eliminating obstacles to production.
- Look for ways to enhance the quality and scope of bakery offerings including ingredient changes to promote the health and quality of products.
- Work the retail counter when needed, providing friendly service and expert answers to customer inquiries
- Correctly and safely utilize all mixing, lamination and baking equipment.
- Ensure that all bakery areas and equipment are safe and sanitary in accordance with food handling procedures; keep area clean throughout shift and follow cleaning procedures at end of shift.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Preferred experience with sourdough, liquid or stiff levain, poolish, sponges and rye starters.
- Experience creating and baking laminated dough and viennoiserie.
- Experience using a loader and peel desirable.
- Experience baking in a wood fired oven desirable, but not required.
- Familiarity with the safe operation of bakery equipment.
- Ability to accurately judge proofing time required by different breads.
- Ability to accurately assess the effect of changes in the environment on the production schedule and take appropriate action.
- Ability to “multitask” within a baking cycle.
- Willingness to contribute to the team effort outside the strict “baker” role.
- Computer literate, particularly with MS Office, Macintosh OS, and POS systems.
- Must be a “self-starter” able to work in a fast paced environment.
Line Cook | part-time
Field & Fire Café is seeking a highly motivated line cook with a desire to make amazing breakfast and lunch dishes. We need someone who is passionate about producing seasonal menu items with organic, local ingredients. The ideal candidate will be available for flexible hours, is driven to work hard and wants to grow into with our company.
- Maintain the highest possible quality of every dish plated
- Set up work station at the beginning of breakfast/lunch or tear down and close kitchen at the end of the day.
- Restock all items as needed throughout the day
- Knowledge of basic cooking and knife techniques.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
- Work quickly to get dishes out in a timely fashion
- Ensure cooking station is clean and organized
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and café customers
- Serious about cooking a perfect egg
- 1-2 years of experience as a line cook
- Degree in Culinary Art or related certification a plus
- Catering experience highly desirable
- Self motivated to improve cooking techniques.
- Serve Safe Certified
Delivery Driver (filled)
Field & Fire is looking for a reliable and meticulous delivery driver starting ASAP. This person will be responsible for delivering bread to 30+ wholesale clients, including restaurants and grocery stores in a fast pace. Our delivery driver will be expected to provide exceptional customer service with each stop. You will be responsible for printing invoices, organizing, and packaging each delivery. Beyond delivery responsibilities, this person may also be tasked with various additional duties including prep-work, cleaning, and customer service.
This is an hourly, full-time position Monday-Friday, 7am-3pm. You will report to the Bakery Manager. Starts at $12 hourly.
- Print labels and invoices for every wholesale customer
- Slice and package loaves and buns
- Regularly collect feedback from customers about their needs and level of satisfaction with our product.
- Keep our van clean and full of gas
- Ability to quickly memorize routes and delivery times.
- Must be extremely organized with the ability to multi-task
- Clean driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast paced work environment.
- Act with the integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote our culture, values and mission.
- Must be able to lift 30-50lbs.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
Retail Staff (filled)
At Field & Fire, we’re pretty serious about our customer service. We want our customers to feel super special and know how much we appreciate them. We need someone who can engage with each customer in an energetic and positive manner. We expect our retail staff to be extremely knowledgeable about our products and be able to answer customer’s questions. We have an opening for PART or FULL-TIME starting ASAP. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Give every customer your sincere attention.
- Setup and maintain attractive bakery displays.
- Keep pastry and bread display full and looking good.
- Aptitude to gain extensive product knowledge.
- Keep sample area clean and appealing, and engage with customers while they are sampling our goods.
- Properly handle knives and other cutting equipment.
- Maintain a clean retail space. (dust, sweep, mop, clean counters, take out trash, etc. throughout the day as needed, and at the end of your shift)
- Strong work ethic, honesty and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Love of good food.
- Experience with cash register. Open and close shifts.
- Customer service / retail experience required.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the retail team, specifically closing shifts and weekends.